- April 10, 2015
- Posted by: Aimpro Insurance
- Category: Article Archives
Amazing Spring Recipe To Try!
If you are still trying to figure out what to do with those extra eggs that you bought for Easter but never got around to dyeing, you are in luck. This amazing spring pasta with blistered tomatoes and eggs is not only delicious, it is the perfect dish to share with your friends and family.
To start this recipe, you will need:
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ pound mafalda pasta, or another wide noodle
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 12 ounces shiitake mushrooms
- 4 minced cloves of garlic
- ½ pound asparagus spears, stems removed and then cut into thirds
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped basil
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 4 eggs, either poached or fried
- Crushed red pepper
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Put the tomatoes on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and then toss to coat. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the tomatoes look like they are about to burst, and then set aside.
- While the tomatoes are roasting, boil water and prepare the pasta.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the butter and olive oil. Add the mushrooms, and stir to coat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are juicy and soft, or about 6 to 8 minutes. Add the asparagus and garlic, stirring to coat. Cook until the asparagus is vibrant and green, or about 5 minutes. Stir in the pasta, parmesan, tomatoes, herbs, salt, and pepper. Toss well, then taste, and add more seasoning if desired.
- Serve topped with an egg, and sprinkle with the crushed red pepper.
All of us at Aimpro Insurance in Phoenix, Arizona would like to encourage you to try this delicious spring recipe this season!