- November 21, 2014
- Posted by: Aimpro Insurance
- Category: Article Archives
Thanksgiving is full of love and warmth of friendship. What happens when the warmth of the holidays becomes more literal and a fire burns your holiday cheer? Thanksgiving Day is one of the top days for fire related incidents. Do not let a fire ruin your Thanksgiving holiday. Stop fire before it starts by keeping these simple tips in mind.
- Stay in the kitchen if you are cooking food in the oven or on the stove, to keep an eye on the food and make sure it turns out delicious.
- If you are cooking turkey, stay at home and check on it frequently to make sure it is cooking properly.
- Protect your children by keeping them away from the stove and other hot foods or liquids that could cause serious burns. Enforcing a no kid’s policy in the kitchen could be a good idea to make sure they do not get underfoot or hurt themselves as you are cooking.
- Keep the floor clear of clutter. A broken or sprained ankle can put a damper on your Thanksgiving festivities. Making sure the floor remains clear of purses, toys, and other things can be a good way to prevent painful trips and falls.
- Do not leave any heat source unmonitored. Be it a candle, a fireplace, stove, or some other kitchen appliance, leaving it unattended is a bad idea. If a heat source is left unattended and something goes wrong you may be too late to do anything about it.
- Check your smoke alarms and make sure they are working. A working smoke alarm can reduce the chance of fire fatalities by almost half.
Contact Aimpro Insurance in Phoenix for all of your Arizona insurance needs. Get the coverage you need to have a safe Thanksgiving holiday. The best way to prevent problems from arising is to stop them before they even start. Let us get you the right policy for your needs so you can get back to celebrating the holidays with your family.