- July 12, 2018
- Posted by: AimPro
- Category: Article Archives, Lifestyle
Impress friends and family with this Tex-Mex three bean potato salad.
Summer is the time of year to gather with friends and family and enjoy the season. It’s also the time of summer parties, vibrant food, and light meals. If you’re planning or attending a summer party, be sure to whip up this delicious (and easy!) Tex-Mex three bean potato salad that compliments any main meal.
- 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes peeled and chopped
- ⅓-1/2 cup grilled corn (approx. 1 ear)
- ½ cup chopped green/red/orange pepper
- 2 tbsp finely chopped red onion (soaked in water)
- ¼ cup green onion, sliced
- ½ cup kidney beans, drained
- ½ cup black beans, drained
- ½ cup chickpeas, drained
- ¼ cup cilantro, roughly chopped (adjust to taste)
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice (add more to taste)
- 2 tsp sriracha
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt (adjust to taste)
- ¼-1/2 tsp cumin
- ¼-1/2 tsp chili powder
- Prepare the potatoes: Preheat oven to 450F. Slice potatoes in half, drizzle with a generous amount of olive oil and stir well. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the seasoned potatoes evenly over the sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway through. Cool before slicing potatoes in half again (so each piece is a quarter of a potato.) Set aside.
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients. Pour the grilled corn, bell pepper, red onion, green onion, kidney beans, black beans, chickpeas and cilantro into a bowl and stir in the dressing.
- Add the chopped roasted potatoes just before serving.
Need to prepare your home for summer parties? These tips will help! For the homeowners insurance that your property deserves, contact AimPro Insurance in Phoenix, Arizona. Learn more about how we can help your needed home insurance.