- July 31, 2015
- Posted by: AimPro
- Category: Article Archives
Southwestern Taco Pot Pie
Chicken pot pies are one of the favorite comfort foods of millions of people. However, your friends may not be too impressed if you pull out a typical chicken pot pie at your next get-together. To impress all of your friends and family, make this southwestern taco pot pie for a twist on a favorite.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 1-pound package frozen red, green, and yellow peppers and onions
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- ½ cup salsa
- 1 package refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on the package
- 8 ounces shredded cheese of your choice
- Sour cream to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium high heat for about 10 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain. Add the taco seasoning and water. Mix until the ground beef is well coated.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat until hot. Add the peppers and onions, cooking for 4 to 5 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and drain the excess liquid. Add the onion and garlic powders, pepper, salt, corn, and salsa. Stir well and set aside.
- Prepare the pie crusts as directed in a pie pan.
- Combine the salsa and corn mixture with the ground beef, mix well. Sprinkle ½ cup of cheese evenly in the bottom of the crust lined pan. Spread ½ of the beef mixture evenly in the pan over the cheese and pat down. Sprinkle ¾ cup cheese over the beef and spread evenly with the remaining beef mixture. Pat down and cover with the rest of the cheese. Top with the second pie crust and press sides together. Slit in several places on the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown. Cover the edge of the crust with strips of foil after 15 minutes of baking. Let stand for 5 minutes, and serve with a dollop of sour cream.
All of us at Aimpro Insurance in Phoenix, Arizona would like to encourage you to try this delicious recipe!