Summer has officially ended, which means that the cooler fall and winter weather is here. Along with getting out your favorite sweater, it is also important to make sure that you get your home ready for the cooler temperatures and extra time spent indoors. Keep these simple tips in mind to make sure that your home is ready for fall.
- Turn your down spout. Check the downspout of your rain gutters and make sure that it is facing away from your home to ensure that water does not damage the foundation of your home.
- Clean out your rain gutters. Chances are your rain gutters are full of fallen leaves and other debris. Make sure to clean them out so that water can move freely. Clogged rain gutters can cause water to back up and damage your roof and walls.
- Get a furnace tune up. Hire a professional to check your furnace and do any regularly scheduled maintenance to ensure that it will keep your home warm all fall and winter.
- Clear out your chimney and fireplace. Hire a professional chimney sweep to clean out your chimney. Built up soot can easily catch fire and push dangerous carbon monoxide into your home.
- Sound the alarms. Check all your fire and carbon monoxide alarms around your home to ensure that they are properly working. Replace any alarms that are outdated or do not work.
- Refresh your emergency kit. Look through your emergency kit to make sure that it has all the necessities. Replace any items that are expired with new items.
The changing season is also the best time to look at your homeowners insurance policy to make sure that you have the right amount of coverage. For all your homeowners insurance needs throughout Arizona this fall, contact Aimpro Insurance in Phoenix.