Insurance Coverage for Toy Haulers and Trailers

Insurance Coverage for Toy Haulers and Trailers

Whether you have a trailer that is used for business or pleasure, you need the proper insurance for it. Here is a guide to help you.

If you finance your trailer, the company will require comprehensive and collision coverage. Auto insurance covers the liability. The contents of a toy hauler are not covered by the hauler’s insurance. You need to insure dirt bikes, ATV’s and quads separately. Personal effects in the trailer such as clothing require optional coverage.

Personal coverage will not cover a trailer used for business. You need a commercial auto insurance policy. Tools and equipment need a separate policy.

Your auto insurance may cover a toy hauler. Check with your agent. Homeowner’s insurance does not cover toy haulers, RV’s or trailers for theft, damage or accidents.

Multi-user discounts sometimes apply, and you may be eligible for other discounts. Your agent can look into that possibility. If you have optional accessories, they will only be covered if they are permanently attached to the trailer such as air conditioning.

For more information about trailer, toy hauler and auto insurance coverage in Arizona, contact Aimpro.

Author: Aimpro Insurance
Aimpro Insurance will offer the best coverage from only the most reputable carriers. Our clients have come to depend on us to provide advice and customized programs to meet all of their insurance needs. The overall experience for our clients is “Insurance made simple.