This healthy, homemade pumpkin pie will please all of the guests around your table.
It’s that time of year again when all things pumpkin makes their way onto our diet. From pumpkin lattes to pumpkin chocolate to pumpkin soup, this vegetable is much loved during the fall and we aren’t afraid to show it. Even so, there’s nothing quite as hearty and as satisfying than a good homemade pumpkin pie.
This pumpkin pie recipe is (slightly) healthier than most, but will leave your guests wanting more!
- 1½ cup flour
- ¾ cup almond flour or meal
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp oil
- ⅓ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 4 tbsp warm water
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- ½ to 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp or more pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup raw or light brown sugar
- a good pinch of salt
- ½ cup coconut cream or use full-fat coconut milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Add the flour, almond meal, coconut sugar and oil to a bowl and mix well until the oil is distributed.
- Add salt, maple, cinnamon, and mix in.
- Mix flax meal in the water and let it sit for 5 minutes. Add to the flours and mix well. The mixture should start to stick and come together like a slightly crumbly dough. If it is too crumbly, add some more maple syrup.
- Grease the pie pan lightly with oil. Press the mixture into a pie pan into a thin even crust. Bake for 6 to 7 minutes.
- Whisk the all the ingredients under filling except coconut cream until well combined. Warm the coconut cream if solid and mix in. Taste and adjust spice if needed.
- Pour into crust and spread with a spatula.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until the center is not liquidy. Chill for at least 3 hours. Slice and serve with whipped coconut cream or vanilla ice cream.
From the professionals at AimPro Insurance, we hope that you enjoy your Thanksgiving Day! Visit us in Phoenix, Arizona for all of your insurance needs to suit your budget!