Halloween is a time of parties, costumes, candy, trick or treating, and of course, fun! All ages have a blast during this time, decorating and picking the right costume. Regardless of what you are doing this Halloween, you should take some precautions so that your spooky night does not take a turn for danger. Here are some tips from your friends at Aimpro Insurance, to keep your spooky Halloween night in Phoenix, Arizona a safe one.
- Costumes are a major part of this holiday. To keep you or your little monsters safe, costumes should be made out of “flame-retardant” material and should fit well so that they are not tripping over their skirts or falling out of their shoes.
- We all know the best costumes have props, so if you have to accessorize your outfit, you should try to keep all props short and rather flexible to prevent injuries to yourself and others.
- Trick or treating is especially fun for the little ones, but it may be one of the most dangerous Halloween traditions. As a precaution, an adult should accompany children under 12 years of age.
- If your children are old enough to travel alone they should travel in familiar, well-lit areas, and carry a flashlight.
- Candy too, can pose a hazard, so there are precautions to take with that as well. Kids will want to stuff their faces with all the loot that they score, but all goodies should be inspected before being eaten. Tell your trick-or-treaters not to eat any candy until they get home and avoid homemade treats. You can never be too careful, so if anything looks suspicious, it’s probably best to throw it out.
- If you are driving anywhere this Halloween there are some safety tips for motorists that could be useful. Keep a close eye out for children darting out into the streets or walking in the middle of the road or on the curb. It should go without saying, but do not use any electronic devices, because they will add to the night’s distractions that could cause accidents.
Keeping these things in mind and have a spooky, but safe Halloween! Contact Aimpro in Phoenix, Arizona for all of your insurance needs!