Keep your small business secure by following these tips.
While locking up at the end of each day is a good start at protecting your Arizona business, much more needs to be done to keep your company safe. Along with knowing how to deal with physical threats, such as a break in, you also need to take the time to keep your business safe from a cyber threat. Keep these top security tips in mind to help your business stay safe from any threat.
- Control physical access – the fewer people who have access to your property, the better. Put a procedure in place to distribute keys so that you can better keep track of them. Secure all equipment and sensitive information in a locked area that can only be accessed by those who need to.
- Manage and assess your risks – know what you are up against can help you create a security plan that will work. Know what losses will impact your business the most and exactly what you need to protect.
- Control your digital access – just like you wouldn’t give all of your employees a key to access your company’s safe, you wouldn’t want to give everyone access to all of your computers and other sensitive data.
- Be proactive – automatically update all of your computer systems. Having updated security features will make it much more difficult for a hacker to make their way into your system. You should also regularly change all passwords and ensure that they are strong.
- Look for other measures – cybersecurity insurance can help to monitor your data and alert you to any issues that may occur. Knowing what your protection options are will help to give you the peace of mind that you deserve.