- October 30, 2013
- Posted by: Aimpro Insurance
- Category: Article Archives
There are several tips that you can use to help you remain safe while you are driving in the rain. Driving in the rain poses a lot more risk than driving in dry weather conditions. These tips can be used as guidelines in order to keep you and your passengers safe when you are traveling in the rain.
1. When you are driving in the rain, it is important that you drive slowly. The roads are slick when it rains, so you will need to drive slowly and cautiously. Check the weather before you plan to take a trip or go anywhere a day before you plan to leave. Since you need to drive slowly, you should leave at least 10 to 15 minutes early to reach your destination on time.
2. Try your best to stay in middle lanes. This is a great way to remain safe when it rains and after it has rained because water is capable of pooling on the outside lanes.
3. As you have probably already been told, you need to keep your proper distance from the vehicle in front of you. When it is raining, you need to stay even further away from the vehicle that is in front of you. Contrary to the belief of many, you should not drive in the tracks of the vehicle that is in front of you.
For more information regarding driving tips and insurance in the Arizona area, contact Aimpro today!