Ridesharing dos and don’ts.
In this tech age, Uber, Lyft, and other ridesharing services are extremely prevalent. Ridesharing is a great way for people to get to point A to point B, and many are enjoying the low prices of ridesharing. To help make your journey as smooth as possible, take a look at these ridesharing dos and don’ts for drivers and passengers.
As a passenger:
- Do sit where you most feel comfortable, either in the front or back.
- Do use your seat belt – even if it’s a short trip.
- Do look out for your own safety. Let people know where you are and do not get in the car if you don’t feel safe.
- Don’t book a ride unless you are sure you want it.
- Don’t make the driver wait.
- Don’t make a mess, be rude or distract the driver.
As a driver:
- Do be polite to passengers.
- Do review your auto insurance coverage.
- Do let your auto insurer know that you are driving for a ride-share service.
- Don’t keep it a secret from your auto insurance company.
- Don’t get distracted by your phone or anything else. Stay focused on the road.