- August 2, 2013
- Posted by: Aimpro Insurance
- Category: Article Archives
If you are having friends and family over for a BBQ this summer, one of the biggest things to keep in mind is summer grilling safety. There are a few tips you will want to keep in mind.
- Never let children play near the grill as they could get hurt.
- Do not keep the grill close to the house, under a screen enclosure or low hanging branches as this poses a serious fire hazard.
- Clean the grill before using it. Not only is this more sanitary for your food, but also gets rid of excess grease and other aspects that can pose a fire hazard.
- Do not drink while operating the grill as this could lead to injuries or property damage.
- If your guests are drinking and hanging out near the grill, be sure to pay extra close attention to ensure that they are not hurt.
- Stay near the grill at all times to avoid having an accident.
- Keep a meat thermometer nearby and be sure that you check all meat so no one gets sick.
- You should also have a phone and first aid kit as well as fire extinguisher handy.
To find out more about grilling safety, contact Aimpro today.