- July 14, 2014
- Posted by: Aimpro Insurance
- Category: Article Archives
Summer means road trips and long drives to get to your favorite vacation destination. Having your car break down while on route to your vacation spot could ruin your getaway. Keep these tips in mind to ensure that your car is properly prepared for all the summer trips.
- Check you oil. Oil reduces the friction in your engine which can help prevent overheating. The fresher the oil in your car, and making sure it is at the right level, the less likely your car is to overheat. Checking and adding oil is easy and should be done regularly, just do not forget to change your oil every 5,000 miles.
- Check all your fluids. While the oil is one of the most important fluids, you should also check all your fluids. There are a lot of fluids that allow your car to run smoothly, so taking it to a mechanic may be the best option.
- Check your tires. Your tires are the most important safety feature of your car since they are the only part of the car that touches the road. The hot summer weather can cause tire pressure to increase, so make sure to check it regularly. The recommended pressure for your tires can be found in your owner’s manual, or in the inside of the driver’s door. Also check to makes sure that you tires have enough tread. Place a penny between the tread with Lincoln’s head down. If you can see any part of his face, it is time to invest in new tires.
Most importantly, make sure your car is covered with the proper auto insurance policy this summer. Contact Aimpro Insurance in Phoenix, Arizona for the best auto insurance policy. As an independent insurance agency, they will work with their affiliates to make sure you get an auto insurance policy the best fits your needs at the right price.