Make your home sparkle this season with spring cleaning tips.
March has sprung forward, and many homeowners are ready with their feather dusters, mop and bucket, and tough-on-winter-grime cleaners. Spring is the time to make your home sparkle and blow away the cobwebs from the winter. Before you tackle the cleaning duties in any which way, check out some of the key areas you should try to ready your home for the season ahead.
Spring Cleaning Checklist:
- Wash and hang quilts and comforters, flip the mattress, and wash the sheets
- Dust the ceiling fans
- Clean all light switches, molding, and door knobs
- Dust, sweep, and vacuum each room
- Move the stove, refrigerator, washing machine, and dryer and sweep behind each appliance
- Scrub out the inside of the microwave and oven
- Sort through your fridge and freezer, throwing out expired foods and cleaning the drawers and shelves
- Wash the inside and outside of windows
- Mop all tile and hardwood floors (and skirting boards)
- Declutter! Remove three objects that you never use from each room
- Donate unused items and gently worn clothing to your local charity shop
- Review your homeowners insurance
As your homeowners insurance is there to protect your home and belongings from peril and damage, it’s important to have the right coverage. Forget a minimal policy that will leave you footing the bill for all of the damage to your home and possessions from a fire! All-encompassing insurance provides your home with protection and gives you the peace of mind you deserve.