- April 7, 2016
- Posted by: Aimpro Insurance
- Category: Article Archives
Beat your cold and flu with these tips!
It’s that time of year. It’s always that time of year, right? For a good few months, colds, flu, and mucous messes spread like wildfire around offices, schools, and communities. Sometimes, there’s no amount of hand sanitizer you can cover yourself in to prevent the onset of that dry throat and fever.
A cold and the flu are similar, but the latter is generally more intense and long-lasting. Here are some common symptoms of them both:
- Sore throat
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Body aches
If you succumb to the cold or flu, stay home, rest up, and use these home remedies!
- As soon as you notice cold or flu symptoms, start taking 500 mg of Vitamin C a day.
- For a sore throat, mix salt with warm water to gargle. The salt soothes the pain.
- Drink at least 8 cups of liquid each day.
- Drink lots of hot water – but avoid tea, coffee, and caffeine.
- Add a humidifier to your room to keep the air moist.
- Take a steamy shower.
- Sleep with an extra pillow under your head to relieve congestion.
- Rest up! Conserving your energy will allow your body to heal quicker.
- Eat clean foods. Allowing your body to replenish nutrients, vitamins, and minerals will make for a healthier recovery.
From the insurance professionals at Aimpro Insurance, we hope that you use these tips to start the road to recovery! Be sure to contact us for all of your insurance needs in Phoenix, Arizona today! Our insurance professionals understand the importance of maintaining financial security for yourself and loved ones.