The only peppermint bark recipe you’ll need this season.
Peppermint bark is a nostalgic part of the holiday season. It’s made from crushed candy canes – that only make an appearance around this time of year – and It even looks festive with its white and red decor! Instead of buying the $40 tins of this chocolate, why not make your own? It’s quick (and easy!) to make, and with only four ingredients, how can it go wrong?
Check out this easy recipe that you can enjoy with the family or hand out as handmade gifts.
- 13.5 ounces dark chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- ⅛ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3-4 organic candy canes, crushed
- Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper, leaving enough to hang over the edges.
- Crush candy canes either with a rolling pin or chop by hand with a knife. Set aside.
- Add chocolate, coconut oil, and sea salt to a double boiler. Stirring constantly, melt over medium heat until chocolate is smooth. Remove from heat.
- Pour melted chocolate into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with crushed candy canes. Place in the freezer to set for 20 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and transfer to a cutting board. Cut or break the bark into squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Let us know, did you make this peppermint bark? The team at AimPro Insurance wish you a fun and festive season ahead. For all of your insurance needs, visit us today.