- December 12, 2019
- Posted by: AimPro
- Category: Article Archives
Deck the halls safely with these tips in hand.
The festive season is a time for joy, family, peace, and beautiful decorations. When you’re getting the home ready for the festivities, it’s important to remain safe at all times. Here are some essential tips you need to know about decking the halls safely.
- Before stringing up any lights, first make sure there are no frayed or exposed wires.
- Make sure decorations are well-ventilated and away from flammable materials.
- Never hang outdoor lights up with nails or staples.
- Only use exterior lights outdoors.
- Use ladders safely when stringing up lights and decorations.
- Place the Christmas tree out of the way of foot traffic.
- Never use real candles on a Christmas tree.
- Place the tree away from any heat sources.
- Unplug lights, decorations, and extinguish candles before leaving the house or going to bed.
Is y our home ready for the festivities ahead? Make sure that you have reliable homeowners insurance you can rely on should the worst happen. Contact the professionals at AimPro Insurance to get started on your tailored policy in Phoenix, Arizona.