- November 7, 2016
- Posted by: AimPro
- Category: Article Archives, Home Insurance
Warm up your home this winter with a well-running furnace.
The cooler months are here and the warm sweaters are already out! While you may not feel that it’s cold enough to turn on your heating system, you will need to use it once winter hits. Before this, be sure that your furnace is in good condition to heat your home without risk of fire or expensive damage.
Perform a basic tune-up for your furnace so that it clicks on perfectly in those chilly mornings!
- Inspect the thermostat for proper operation.
- Inspect the filter and change or clean as needed.
- Check all electrical components and controls.
- Oil the motors as needed.
- Inspect heat exchanger for possible cracks. A crack in the heat exchanger introduces carbon monoxide into the living space.
- Check the airflow. If it’s significantly low, it may be necessary to clean the evaporator coil.
- Check the air-fuel mixture, where appropriate.
Keep these considerations in mind before using your furnace for the first time this year.
- Check that nothing flammable is stored next to the unit before turning your heating system on.
- Run your heater for a few minutes before you actually need it. Don’t wait until the first cold morning to test it out. It will only leave you at the bottom of a repair list.
- Change the filters regularly! Dirty air filters restrict airflow and reduce energy efficiency.
Now that your home is properly heated, is it protected? Contact the professionals at Aimpro Insurance for the right homeowners insurance coverage for your house in Phoenix and surrounding areas in Arizona.