- December 19, 2014
- Posted by: Aimpro Insurance
- Category: Article Archives
Tips to Avoid Scams This Holiday Season
The holiday season is in full swing, which means it is the perfect time to give back to those in need. Unfortunately, many people take advantage of others generosity during the holiday season by creating scams to steal money. While it is a great time to donate, it is also important to make sure that you stay safe from scammers. Keep these tips in mind to ensure that your donation goes to the right place this season.
- Ask about the charity – before you give any money, find out as much as you can about what the money will be used for. Check the website of the organization and look at the Better Business Bureau to see if your donation will be going towards those in need, rather than to salaries and administrative costs of the organization.
- Be careful when donating online – clicking on social media links to donate can open the door to identity theft. Make sure to check the URL before putting in your personal information to make sure that it starts with “https” and not just “http” since the extra “s” ensures that the site is secure.
- Ask for more time – if someone shows up to your door asking for a donation, do not feel pressured to give right then. Instead, ask for more information about the website of the organization so that you can do research and learn more about where your donation will go. Donating over the phone or with a person who comes to your door can also decrease the amount that you actually give, since those employees need to be paid.
For all of your insurance needs and to be sure that you are protected from any scams this holiday season, contact Aimpro Insurance in Phoenix, Arizona. We will work with you to ensure that you have the right amount of coverage, all at the right price.