- August 15, 2014
- Posted by: Aimpro Insurance
- Category: Article Archives
Summer is here, and that means it’s vacation time! Vacations are meant to serve as a break from reality in which you can be relaxed, and have some fun! However, if you fail to plan appropriately, or don’t take necessary safety measures when traveling your vacation could turn into a huge disaster. Don’t take that risk! Here are a few things to keep in mind as you pack your bags, and head out for some summer fun:
- Internationally competent ATMs can be hard to find while on vacation. Instead of carrying large amounts of cash, use traveler’s checks. This form of currency can be replaced within a day.
- If you are able to find an ATM, be sure to only use it during the day. If you find yourself in a situation where you need one at night, try to find one in a well-lit, busy area.
- Leave your contact information with your neighbors. If something happens to your home while you are gone, they will be able to reach you.
- Don’t keep all of your valuable documents in one place. If you keep them all together, and the container you kept them in gets stolen, you will be without money, and without a way home.
- Purchase a money purse that you can wear under your clothing. This will ensure your precious documents or money won’t be stolen.
- Ask a neighbor to bring in your mail. An overloaded mailbox is an easy way for burglars to tell that you aren’t home.
- If you are staying in a hotel, keep your important documents locked in the safe.
AIMPRO Insurance would like to wish you happy traveling! For any questions about homeowners insurance, contact us at AIMPRO Insurance. Our friendly insurance agents can’t wait to find you the best policy, at the best price! Give us a call, today!