- January 30, 2015
- Posted by: AimPro
- Category: Article Archives
Tips To Save Money On Your Heating Bill
Even though January is coming to an end, the cold winter weather is still sticking around. While reaching for your thermostat is the easiest way to warm up in the cold weather, it is also the easiest way to raise your energy bill. Keep these tips in mind to stay warm this season while saving money on your energy bill.
- Turn down your thermostat to the lowest comfortable temperature while you are home. While you are sleeping or are out of the house, turn down your thermostat by another 10 degrees to save up to 10 percent on your heating bill. Installing a programmable thermostat will help to make sure that you do not forget to change the temperature.
- Clean or replace your furnace filters as recommended by the manufacturer. Dirty furnace filters restrict the amount of air that can flow through your furnace, which can lead to increased energy usage.
- Hire a professional to check out your furnace and perform any regular maintenance. A properly working furnace will heat your home more efficiently to ensure that no heat is wasted.
- Turn down the temperature of your hot water heater. While a warm shower will help to warm you up in the cold, setting your water heater to the normal setting will help you save up to 11 percent on your water heating costs.
- Seal any leaks in your home. Check around all of your doors and windows, and use weather stripping or caulking to seal up any leaks to ensure that the warm air stays inside and the cold air stays outside.
For all of your homeowners insurance needs and to ensure that you are protected from any peril this season, contact the insurance professionals at Aimpro Insurance in Phoenix, Arizona. We will work with you to ensure that you have the right amount of coverage, all at the right price.