- February 13, 2015
- Posted by: Aimpro Insurance
- Category: Article Archives
American Heart Month
Valentine’s Day is tomorrow, and if you are thinking that it will mean the end of all the red and pink heart decorations in the stores, you are in luck. February is American Heart Month, which means all the beautiful decoration will be sticking around until the end of the month.
American Heart Month is the perfect time to make small changes in your life to ensure that your ticker stays happy and healthy for years to come. Heart disease is the number one killer of both men and women in the United States, and one of the leading causes of disability, preventing Americans from enjoying quality time with their loved ones.
To take a little extra care of your heart this month, and for the rest of your life, keep these tips in mind:
- Visit your doctor – schedule a yearly checkup with your doctor, even if you feel just fine. Your doctor will be able to tell you if there are any conditions that you have that may be putting you at risk for heart disease.
- Keep an eye on your blood pressure – most of the time, high blood pressure does not have any symptoms. Checking your blood pressure is easy and noninvasive, and can be done at your home or doctor’s office.
- Eat a balanced diet – making healthy diet decisions can help you avoid heart disease and any complications that are associated with the disease. Make sure your plate is always piled high with fresh fruits and vegetables, and limit the amount of sodium that in eat.
- Get moving – exercising regularly does not mean that you have the pay hundreds of dollars for a gym membership. Something as easy as taking the stairs at work instead of the elevator can help to keep your heart healthy.
For all your health insurance coverage needs, contact Aimpro Insurance in Phoenix, Arizona.