- February 24, 2015
- Posted by: Aimpro Insurance
- Category: Article Archives
Tickets and Auto Insurance
Getting a traffic ticket is never fun. Along with having to pay the cost of the ticket, and possibly taking time to go to court, you may also be facing higher auto insurance premiums. However, not every ticket will affect your auto insurance the same way. Keep common tickets in mind to ensure that you know how much they will drive up your auto insurance rates.
- DUI – if you are convicted of driving under the influence, your insurance rates can increase by up to 93 percent. The best way to avoid a DUI ticket is very simple – do not get behind the wheel if you have been drinking. Alcohol effects everyone differently, but even one drink can be enough to lead to a DUI.
- Reckless driving – deliberate disregard for the rule of the road will lead to an 82 percent increase on your auto insurance premiums. Reckless driving tickets can stay on your driving record for years, which means paying high prices for a long time.
- Careless driving – if you are cited for careless driving, which typically means you are driving in a negligent manner that is endangering others on the road, you auto insurance premiums can raise up to 27 percent. Common careless driving tickets are given for talking on the phone while driving and illegal lane changes.
- Speeding – getting caught speeding up to 15 miles an hour over the speed limit can increase your auto insurance by 21 percent. Using cruise control on long, open roads can help you avoid a speeding ticket.
For all your auto insurance coverage needs to ensure that you have the right amount of protection while on the road, contact the insurance professionals at Aimpro Insurance in Phoenix, Arizona. We will work with you to ensure that you have the right amount of coverage, all at the right price to fir your budget.