- September 4, 2015
- Posted by: Aimpro Insurance
- Category: Article Archives
Myths Of Home Insurance
Even though homeowners insurance is one of the most common types of insurance policies, it is often one of the most misunderstood. Many homeowners assume that when they choose a home insurance policy, they will be covered in case of any unfortunate situation. However, that is not always the case. Make sure that you know the truth behind these home insurance myths to keep you properly protected.
- Flood coverage – a flood can easily cause thousands of dollars worth of damage at your house in just a couple of seconds. If you are planning on making a claim to your home insurance company after a flood, you may find yourself paying for the damages out of your own pocket. The only way to protect your house from the rising waters is to invest in a specific flood insurance policy.
- Termite damage – while termites are all over North America, they are the most destructive in southern, warm climates, including in Arizona. Typical home insurance policies will not provide any coverage for damage that is caused by termites. To ensure that your house does not start crumbling under your feet, get regular termite inspections.
- Valuation of loss – when you make a claim to your insurance company, they will send over an adjuster who will decide the value of the loss that you incurred. Typically, these adjusters decide on the minimum amount that your insurance company can pay out while still meeting their contractual obligations. Keep in mind that you can negotiate the settlement if you think that your loss should be valued at a higher price.