- February 9, 2017
- Posted by: Aimpro Insurance
- Category: Article Archives, Lifestyle
Share the love of Valentine’s Day (and the love of sweets!) with these heart-shaped sugar cookies.
Are you still thinking of the best romantic gesture to make on Valentine’s Day for your loved one? If you want to surprise your sweetie, whip up these homemade cookies this Valentine’s Day! As the ultimate treat without all the loaded calories, these healthier cookies are ideal for Valentine’s Day!
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil margarine
- 1 to 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, combine flour, sugar, and baking soda. Pulse a few times to mix.
- Add the margarine, 1 tablespoon water, and vanilla to the flour mixture. Blend until ingredients come together. If the dough seems dry, add the remaining tablespoon of water.
- Dump the dough out and divide in half.
- Put each portion in between 2 large sheets of floured parchment paper. Use a rolling pin to roll dough until it is 1/4-inch thick.
- Use an assortment of heart cookie cutters to cut out heart-shaped cookies. Gather up scraps and re-roll to cut out more cookies.
- Place cookies on prepared cookie sheets about 1/2-inch apart.
- Bake for 7 to 10 minutes or until cookies are golden around the edges. Start watching cookies at 7 minutes to make sure you don’t overbake them.
- Cool cookies completely, then use your favorite cookie icings and decor.
From the professionals at AimPro Insurance, we hope that you have a wonderful Valentine’s Day whipping up these cookies! For all of your insurance needs in Phoenix and neighboring cities in Arizona, visit us today!