- November 27, 2015
- Posted by: Aimpro Insurance
- Category: Article Archives
Stay safe while preparing your holiday meals with these tips.
As the holidays get closer and closer, you may find yourself spending more time in your kitchen. From making a shopping list to preparing all of your delicious dishes, it can be easy to run into some issues in the kitchen. Keep these holiday safety cooking tips in mind to help you fully enjoy the holiday.
- Make some dishes before the big day – trying to cook all of your dishes on the same day can lead to a very dangerous situation. Make any dishes that save well ahead of time, including side salads, pies, cranberry sauce, and potatoes.
- Avoid multitasking – with all that is going on in your house during the holidays, it is easy to get distracted. Stay on task to help avoid any accidents or injuries while cooking. If another chore needs to be done, ask a family member to help out to get it done so that you don’t have to leave the kitchen.
- Remove clutter – the more counter space you have to work with during the holidays, the better. Clear off any utensils, decorations, or other items that are taking up space on your counters.
- Stay in the kitchen – whenever you are cooking anything on the stove, you should be within arms reach of the pan or pot. If you have an electric stove, keep everyone away from the stove while you are cooking and for a while after to avoid any injuries.
- Check your alarms – before you start cooking, test your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors to ensure they are working properly. Replace any alarms or batteries that are malfunctioning.
Taking a look at your home insurance policy before you start cooking will help to ensure that you have the coverage that you need. Contact Aimpro Insurance in Phoenix, Arizona for all of your homeowners insurance needs