Everyone is sure to love this delicious holiday recipe.
One of the best parts of the holiday season is getting to enjoy a delicious meal with all of your friends and family. If you are looking for a tasty dish to show off your culinary skills this season, check out this holiday recipe.
You will need:
- 10 minced cloves of garlic
- 8 ounces of pancetta, finely chopped
- Zest of 3 lemons
- Zest of 1 orange
- ½ cup fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Leaves of 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons rinsed and chopped capers
- Kosher salt
- 1 12-pound skin on boneless fresh ham, butterflied
Then you will need to:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Put the pancetta into a food processor and pulse until a paste is formed. Transfer to a bowl and mix in the garlic, citrus zests, rosemary, parsley, red pepper flakes, capers, and 2 tablespoons salt by hand until thoroughly blended.
- Put the ham flesh side up on a cutting board and score the meat with the tip of your sharpest knife every inch or so in a cross-hatch pattern. Rub the pancetta paste onto the meat, making sure to get it in the score marks. Flip over the ham and score the skin the same way. Roll up the ham, skin side out, and secure it with kitchen twine. Season the skin lightly with salt.
- Put the pork in a roasting pan and transfer to the oven and roast for 2 hours.
- Increase the oven temperature to 400 degrees and roast until the internal temperature of the pork reaches 170 degrees and the skin is crisp, about 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 30 minutes before serving.
All of us at Aimpro Insurance in Phoenix, Arizona would like to wish you and your family a happy and healthy holiday season!