- June 8, 2017
- Posted by: Aimpro Insurance
- Category: Article Archives, Business and Commercial
Simple swaps for a healthy and nutritious snack at work.
Every business needs to take active steps in setting their employees up for success. From training to materials to allowing the right breaks, employees are entitled to get set up to do their job to the best of their ability.
In turn, if you’re fueling your team with junk food and sugar, certain foods will stunt and inhibit your staff’s cognitive function to do their job. Healthy snacks are affordable, easy to pick up, and will benefit your team in more ways that one.
Here are some simple snack swaps that your office can make today!
Foods to avoid:
- Sugary drinks –full of chemicals that don’t benefit your body at all.
- Donuts – with no nutritional value, skip the sugary start to the day.
- Chocolate and candy – after a sugar rush of a chocolate bar or a bag of candy, your employees will come down from the high feeling lethargic.
- Bottled water – everyone needs hydration!
- Almonds – great source of protein and are extremely sustaining.
- Fresh fruit – packed with vitamins and minerals, these beauties will keep your employees satisfied.
- Dried fruit – mix things up with dried apricots, apple slices, and banana chips. They are sweet, and high in fiber and potassium.
- Protein bars – stock up on only the natural bars that have fewer than 200 calories.
- Pretzels – salty, low in fat, and will hold any employee over until lunch or dinner.
- Apples and peanut butter – apples provide fiber and carbs for energy while the peanut butter provides healthy monounsaturated fat and protein, which stabilizes blood sugar ups and downs. Better yet, it’s a delicious snack!