- October 6, 2014
- Posted by: Aimpro Insurance
- Category: Article Archives
With football season in full swing, it is the perfect time to try new recipes that are sure to please the whole crowd. Keep this simple baked spinach and artichoke dip that can be prepared the day before the big game in mind when you are having people over to watch the game.
- 2 6-oz. packages of fresh baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 8-oz. package of 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- 1 14-oz. drained and chopped can of artichoke hearts
- ½ cup light sour cream
- ½ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- Baked pita chips or fresh pit wedges
- Wash and then microwave the spinach in a large bowl at HIGH or 3 minutes, or until it is all wilted. Drain the spinach by pressing it between paper towels. Chop all the spinach.
- Melt the butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the cream cheese and garlic. Cook for another 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until all the cream cheese melts. Fold in the spinach, sour cream, artichoke hearts, and ¼ cup of mozzarella cheese. Stir the mixture until the cheese is melted.
- Transfer the mixture into a 1-quart, shallow baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, or until the mixture is hot and bubbly. Serve with baked pita chips or fresh pita wedges.
Aimpro Insurance would like to encourage you to try this delicious recipe for your next football party or tailgate.