Whole wheat Irish soda bread to complete your St. Patrick’s Day festivities!
While many are getting into the St. Patrick’s Day spirit by loading up on green bagels and stout cupcakes, you can opt to whip up a traditional load of Irish soda bread! This recipe is delicious, festive, and bound to be a hit at your table! Read on for the recipe.
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp raw sugar (optional)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup apples, diced
- 3 Tbsp. orange zest
- In a large bowl, gently mix flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Pour in apple cider vinegar and milk and stir gently until mixed.
- Fold in apples, raisins, and orange zest.
- Transfer dough onto a large baking sheet that has been greased or cooking sprayed. Form dough into a loaf shape. Sprinkle oats on top if desired to make it look pretty!
- Bake about 32 minutes, or until crust turns golden and a fork comes out clean.
- Serve warm, topped with butter or jam, if desired!
If you’re looking for quality insurance this March, look no further than your professionals at AimPro Insurance. We serve residents in Phoenix and surrounding cities in Arizona with reliable insurance policies. Call us today to get started on yours!