- August 28, 2015
- Posted by: AimPro
- Category: Article Archives
Dealing With A Car Accident
Getting into a car accident can be very stressful, which can make it very difficult to know what steps to take next. To ensure that you can calmly deal with an accident, keep these tips of what to do after an accident in mind.
- Call 911 – if anyone is injured during an accident, even if it seems like a minor injury, call for help. The adrenaline that surges through your body during an accident can make a serious problem seem like nothing until you get home.
- Get off the road – if you can, pull your car to the side of the road to a safe place so that you are not in the flow of traffic. Keeping your car in traffic can lead to more damage to your vehicle.
- Call the police – even if you were involved in a minor accident, call the police. Having an officer on scene can help to make sure that tempers do not flare. They will also be able to take a report that can help when you file a claim.
- Watch your words – even if you know that you are at fault for an accident, do not say so at the scene. Admitting fault at the accident scene can lead to serious trouble when it comes time to make a claim to your insurance company.
- Get the right information – you will need to collect tons of information from any other drivers involved in the accident, including their names, license number, insurance information, and address. You should also get the names and numbers of any witnesses to the crash.
- File a claim – after you have left the accident scene, call your insurance company. The sooner you talk with your insurance agent, the sooner you can get the claims process started.