- August 14, 2015
- Posted by: Aimpro Insurance
- Category: Article Archives
Teen Auto Insurance
When you add a teen driver to your auto insurance policy, you may be shocked at how much your premiums will rise. Teens are considered some of the riskiest drivers on the road, because they are less experienced and tend to make dangerous maneuvers, which is why they are some of the most expensive drivers to insure.
Luckily, you will not have to insure your teen driver until they become fully licensed. While they are still practicing their skills with a learner’s permit, your existing auto insurance policy should be able to provide enough coverage. However, make sure that you let your insurance agent know that you have a teen with a learner’s permit driving your car since they may have special regulations that you need to follow.
While there is no way to completely avoid the rise in your car insurance rates, there are some steps that you can take to help keep the cost as low as possible, including:
- Good student discount – if your teen maintains at least a “B” average in school, you can benefit from a discount on your auto insurance.
- Multi-car policy – if your teen has their own car, you can add it onto your policy and benefit from a multi-car discount.
- Safety rating – if you are planning on buying your teen a new car, look for a model that has the newest safety features, which can help to lower your monthly payment.
- Safe driving course – in addition to the driving course that your teen takes to get their license, you should sign them up for a safe driving course to teach them more ways to stay safe on the road.
When looking for the right auto insurance policy for your teen, contact the independent insurance professionals at Aimpro Insurance in Phoenix, Arizona.