- August 16, 2013
- Posted by: Aimpro Insurance
- Category: Personal Coverage
If you want to go green, you may think that there is no way to do this when you are moving. The truth is there are some tips you can keep in mind to help make the move more environmentally friendly.
Tips for Supplies
- Recycled plastic bins are a great alternative to cardboard boxes as they can be rented for the move.
- If you are on a budget, make sure that you use recycled cardboard boxes and recycle them when you are finished.
- Use items you have around the house to wrap your breakables. For instance, bedding is a great option for covering breakables.
- If you are going to use packing materials, such as packing peanuts, go with green alternatives, which are usually colored green.
Tips for Transportation
- Use a trailer to take your car if you will be traveling in the moving truck as this will cut down on fuel expenditure.
- Train transport for your vehicle will save four times the fuel, however it is not available everywhere.
- The fewer items you bring, the less fuel that is needed. This makes the move a great time to get rid of clutter and items you never use.
To find out more about green moving, contact Aimpro today.