- April 3, 2015
- Posted by: Aimpro Insurance
- Category: Article Archives
Expensive Traffic Tickets
Getting a traffic ticket is never fun. Along with having to pay the fees that are associated with a ticket, you may also have to deal with increased auto insurance premiums. Knowing how different tickets will affect your auto insurance rates can be enough to deter you from making the wrong choices while on the road. The top 4 tickets that will raise your auto insurance premiums, include:
- DUI / DWI – if you are convicted of driving while under the influence, you may see a hike in your auto insurance rates by as much as 93 percent. You may also find that your insurance provider decides to drop your coverage, which means you will have to spend the time looking for a new policy.
- Reckless driving – reckless driving is considered any situation in which you show a deliberate disregard for the rules of the road. Reckless driving tickets can raise your auto insurance by up to 82 percent and will stay on your driving record for many years to come.
- Careless driving – if you are driving in a negligent manner that endangers property or people, which can include talking on your cell phone or illegal lane changes, you can be cited for careless driving. One of these tickets can lead to your auto insurance increasing by around 27 percent.
- Speeding – if you are caught speeding between 1 to 15 miles per hour over the speed limit, your auto insurance can increase by up to 21 percent. Giving yourself enough time to reach your destination can help to ensure that you do not have to speed on your way there.
For all of your auto insurance needs, contact the insurance professionals at Aimpro Insurance in Phoenix, Arizona. As an independent insurance agency, we will work with you to ensure that you have the right amount of coverage, all at the right price.