- March 15, 2013
- Posted by: Aimpro Insurance
- Category: Article Archives
Planning a trip for spring break? Whether you want to pile the family in the car or board a plane with friends, check out the following travel tips from Getaroom.com, a leading online discount hotel stay company.
1. Spring skiing helps you avoid the crowds while still enjoying fresh snow. Try the Spa & Lodge at Breckenridge for as little as $149 a night.
2. Try to avoid the typical spring break week for both college kids and secondary school students. If you have kids and need a trip, then consider a northern destination to have more peace and quiet and available hotel options.
3. Europe is on sale from now until the end of March. Avoid the substantial summer crowds at destinations including London, Barcelona, Paris, and Munich.
4. Spring of course means spring break for college students. Top destinations include: Cancun, New York City, London, Panama Beach, Las Vegas, LA, and Miami. Avoid the beach communities during spring break if you are looking for peace and quiet.
5. Enjoy the famous National Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington D.C. from March 20th to April 14th and also take in some outstanding museums.
6. Spring weather can be unpredictable, so check the weather ahead of your trip and bring lots of layers to be ready for the cold or heat wave.
7. New York City is beautiful in spring. Enjoy Central Park without a winter coat. Book hotels such as the Americana from $135 a night.
8. Visit New Orleans after the craziness of Mardi Gras in February to enjoy great food and festivals including the Jazz Festival and the free Lafayette Square concerts.
9. Getaroom runs many flash sales for spring travel. These limited-time deals feature savings of up to 60 percent off typical rates if booked by the deadline. Look for the clock icons when searching your destination at Getaroom.com for specific offer details.
10. Miami is a great destination for beachgoers, with warm but not yet hot weather. Book the Chesterfield Hotel in South Beach from less than $100 a night during May.
“Springtime is supposed to be a time of rebirth and discovery, and travelers should embrace their trips with a similar spirit of adventure and fun,” says Robert B. Diener , President and Co-Founder of Getaroom.com. “Many top destinations are available at a substantial discount during the spring months, and the warmer and longer days make many outdoor attractions very appealing. Getaroom is a great source of both unpublished hotel rates that aren’t found anywhere else and flash sales that are ideal for impulsive travelers who want to spend more money on dining and fun, not their hotel room.”